Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My new family genealogy blog

I have recently re-established contact with a friend whom I have known only on the internet and with whom I have corresponded regarding my family history.  Joyce Atkin sent me the only picture that I have of my maternal great great grandparents Francis Clayton Atkin and Jane F. Bonser Atkin.  I was considering that it might be helpful to have a blog to post information and research, as the site where my online genealogy is filed, Ancestry.com, is a commercial/pay site.  Obviously, this will be a different sort of blog from my religious speculation blog.  I am hopeful to make, as time goes on, various resources available from my family genealogy and also items of interest of a genealogical or historical nature.  I hope that it will be a resource for relatives and non-relatives alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment